Effective Date: 5/30/2019
Please read this Policy carefully. By using the Site or Services, you agree to the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree to the Policy, you may not use the Site or the Services.
This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by HopSkip from its offices within the United States. If you are accessing the Site from a location outside the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it, as described in this Policy. Please be aware that the data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located.
II. Information Collection
Personally Identifiable Information
HopSkip collects personally identifiable information (“PII”) from our users at several different points on our Site.
· In order to use certain functions on the Site or the Services, you must first create an account. During the registration process, you will be asked to give us contact information, including your name and email address.
· We also collect your email address if you sign up for our newsletter.
· We may also receive PII that you voluntarily choose to submit to us through the “Get in Touch” form, when posting comments to our Blog, or when using our Chat function. If you post a comment to our Blog, you should be aware that any PII you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the PII you choose to post to the Blog.
We may on occasion supplement the PII you submitted to us with information from third party sources.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, device identifiers, date and time of your
visit, geography, and clickstream data. If we link log data to PII, we will treat the combined information as PII.
III. Uses of Information
We use the PII that we collect in the following ways:
· We may use your email address to contact you about the Site or Services, such as sending a verification code, or to provide you with additional information about Services in which you have expressed interest.
· If you subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions provided in each newsletter sent to you.
· We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
· We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the Services you request, and to manage your account.
We use Log Data in the following ways:
· We use log data to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
· We also analyze how our users interact with the Site and Services in order to improve them. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with the Site to improve the user experience.
IV. Information Sharing
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
· We use other third party service providers to support certain functions of our Site and Services, and we share information as necessary for the third party to perform these functions. Please note that these third parties are prohibited from using your PII for any other purpose than the purpose for which we disclosed or shared the information.
· We may share your PII inn the event HopSkip goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
· We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
· We reserve the right to disclose your PII as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
· We may share your information for any other legitimate business purpose, to the extent permitted by law.
· We may request your permission to share your PII for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the PII or before the PII you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our business partners and advertisers. This information does not identify individual users.
V. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. We use session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser and makes it easier for you to navigate our Site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time and allows us to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once, and enables us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. You may be able to remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site, could be limited.
One of the service providers that we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected from cookies to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about how Google uses and shares information and about any choices you may have with regards to your information by visiting their website at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons / web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of our users. We employ this technology to help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is the most effective. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on webpages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ PII.
We may also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications with you.
VI. Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by HopSkip. Please be aware that HopSkip is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This Policy applies only to information collected on this Site. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects PII.
VII. California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), if you reside in California and have an established business relationship with us, you have the right to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. You may request such information by emailing us at: [insert email address]. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email subject line. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days of receipt with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to certain third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests that are incomplete or improperly labeled.
VIII. Children’s Privacy
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13, we will take immediate steps to delete any such personal information.
The security of your information is important to us. Although we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
X. Policy Changes
If we decide to change this Policy, we will post those changes to our Site. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email or by a conspicuous notice on our Site. Any modifications to the Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted to the Site. Your continued use of the Site or Services after we post any changes constitutes your consent to the updated Policy.
XI. Contacting Us
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our Policy, please contact us at: 1-866-467-7547.